Carrying on to explore the "Home Field Advantage", here is some simple statistics that show there is no significant advantage.
I took the home win percentage for all the 32 teams and created a probabilistic distribution (see below)
The following charts show the probability and cummulative probability for the home win chances.
If we look at the probability chart (above), we find that there is approximately 43% probability that a team has a winning chance of 60%, and a 10% probability that a team has a winning chance of 50%. Taking that to a cummulative perspective (below), there is a 20% probability that the winning chance for a team is 50% or less, 40% probability that the winning chance is 60% or less.
The above analysis clearly shows that based on historical evidence (purely on empirical win-loss data), there is no statistical evidence that teams have done really well on home fields.